Do you feel confident in your everyday life? How about in your relationship? Confidence feels great. When you have it, others recognize it. So what are the secrets to building confidence?
1. Become a master. Whether it is your vocation, an art, or your relationship confidence is built by you building mastery. Select something you are interested in and learn everything you can about it. Wan to learn more about how to be a fabulous partner? Look into Relationship Help At Home.com Want to become an expert around personality? Look into Personality-Experts.com Find courses and training that enable you to become a master at those things you care most about in life. As you become an expert, you will feel more confident and better about yourself.
2. Take good care of yourself. Nurture your body with healthy food, exercise and rest. Choose one new self-care habit and put it in place this month. Think of those things that will make you feel good about yourself, then commit to doing them. Take walks in nature. Experience beauty. Breathe. All of these things will cause you to feel happier and more confident about your life.
3. Choose relationships wisely. Whether friends or significant others, foster relationships with those who nurture and support you. Find people who are willing to love, encourage and inspire you but who will love you enough to be honest when you are stepping into your personality extremes. Create a community of at least five people with whom you feel safe and mutually supported. And then make sure that you become a supportive friend and partner. It is our positive and loving actions that make us feel the best about ourselves.
4. Respect yourself as you respect others. Others will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Set high standards for the way you treat others and yourself. Then live by those high standards. You will be amazed at how differently people will respond to you when you treat yourself and them with respect.
5. Carefully study your passion and choose your purpose in life. Decide what you want in life and go for it. Don't settle for less than you really want. Say no to what you don't want and yes to those things and people that are in alignment with you and your values.
6. Concentrate on your strengths. Of course each of us have our weaknesses and we certainly want to strengthen them, but focus on your strengths. Learn who you are and what you love doing. When you look in the mirror, focus on those aspects of your appearance that you like.
7. Learn the power of "Next”. After a disappointment, open your heart and mind to what's next. Ask yourself "What is there for me to learn from this experience?" Believe that something better is on its way. Focus on the opportunities that surround you.
8. Write a commercial describing yourself. If you have nothing to write about, do something to become more interesting to yourself. Create and own your greatness! Visualize yourself being a person worthy of a commercial. Allow yourself to dream the biggest dream you can dream and then take action toward it.
9. Take risks but consider them carefully. When you are afraid to do something support yourself in doing it anyway. Let the taking the risk be the focus instead of the outcome. If you fall down, pick yourself back up and move on. Success always comes from failure. The more risks you take, the more courage you build and the more confident you become. Life is abundant. There is no shortage of opportunities.
10. Accept that perfection does not exist. Expect excellence instead. Understand that your confidence will be stronger at different times and in different areas of your life than others. Accept that life is a journey, and not a destination.
11. Pull your shoulders back. Good posture, standing upright and proud tells your body that you are confident and others see your confidence in your posture. Research tells us that good, erect posture speaks volumes about what you believe you are capable of doing and being. Stand up tall!_________________________________________________________________________________
Dawn Billings is the author of over 20 books and hundreds of articles. Dawn is the creator of Relationship Help At Home and Executive Director of the Relationship Help Resort in Arizona.
Dawn is the CEO and Founder of the Heart Link Women's Network and architect of the Primary Colors Personality Tests and Insight Tools.
Dawn is the author of the Happiness Curriculum and creator of OverJOYedLife.com. Dawn is the inventor of the patented parenting tool called Capables.
In 2008, Dawn was selected by the White House Project and Oprah Magazine as one of the nation's emerging women leaders.